Wednesday, November 12, 2014

5 Things Interstellar Taught Me


I saw Interstellar in IMAX last Friday and thought it was amazing. Easily one of my top 5 movies of all time and easily one of Nolan's best. I'm a chronic fidgeter, but I barely moved a muscle after the ship launched into space. I walked out of the theater feeling awestruck. And the world felt different somehow. I thought about it all weekend and here are 5 things I learned:


1) The McConaissance is real. He's come such a long way from this


2) The Science is real. Crazy, but real, theoretically speaking. Sort of. Except for the whole part that's not. 

3) The Haters are real. And that's annoying. But expected, I guess. 

4) The Plot Holes are real. Nolan says so. But he's aware of the ones that exist (duh) and they are intentional (duh), and some folks (see point #3) can't distinguish a plot holes from the nit they're picking. 

5) The Effects are real. And that's just awesome.  

BONUS: IMAX is perfect. It made me never want to not see movies in that format again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment